Friday, October 9, 2009

Crashing into the Moon!




I saw on the news this morning that NASA sent a missile to crash into the moon to see if has water. It was really interesting although I think the new people were a bit disappointed that it wasn't more dramatic. It did get me thinking about all the children's books I know that deal with the moon. There are so many non-fiction books but also great story books that have the moon as their subject. I couldn't let the day go by without suggesting some great books for all ages about the Moon!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great non-fiction titles:


The Moon by Seymour Simon


The Moon Seems to Change by Franklyn M. Branley


Team Moon: How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 On the Moon by Catherine Thimmesh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great Picture Books:

Papa Please Get the Moon For Me by Eric Carle


Kittens First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes


Long Night Moon by Cynthia Rylant


These are just some of my favorites there are many more where these came from~the Moon has been a great inspiration through the ages ~ now would be a great time to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment