Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy World Vegetarian Day!




I stated in my bio that I have been in the world of books for most of my life. What I didn't say was that I have always loved food too. Last year my sister-in-law Theresa, who is a fantastic cook, and I started a Veggie Burger business. She had developed these awesome tasting veggie burgers that we thought other people might like. Our company is called The Savory Garden. We sell three kinds of veggie burgers at a local farmers market and a deli. They have been very well received. To be honest we are not vegetarians , we do try to eat healthy and are very health conscious.
Eating healthy is very important not just for adults but for children also. Through the years there have been many wonderful books that highlight vegetables and good eating for children. I thought I would list some today so that while we may not be able to turn all children into vegetarians we might be able to get them to eat better....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Vegetables We Eat by Gail Gibbons
Gregory the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat
I Eat Vegetables by Hannah Tofts
Growing Vegetable Soup by Lois Ehlert
Herb the Vegetarian Dragon by Jules Bass
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment