Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flashback Tuesday: Where is Baby's Belly Button by Karen Katz


While working in the bookstore I was constantly being asked about baby books. Since babies can't read customers were always confused about what to get. I always recommended board books because they are sturdy and do not rip easily. I also liked to recommend books that have a repetitive nature about them.


When I left the stores to work in the buying office one of my subjects to buy was called Toddlers. I kept in mind what I had learned in the stores and applied them to my buying skills. Almost ten years ago this really cute book came along. Where is Baby's Belly Button by Karen Katz is a perfect first book for a toddler. It has cute illustrations, it is playful, repetitive and also interactive. It is great to read with a child for fun learning and bonding moments.
Since this book came out Karen Katz has written and illustrated many other books. They make perfect gifts for new families. I never grow tired of suggesting her books because I know they will be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment