Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flashback Tuesday: The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams


The fact that Halloween is a little over two weeks away has not escaped me. When I was in the bookstore this was always one of my favorite stories to read during this time of the year. It isn't specifically a Halloween tale even though it has a pumpkin on the cover. It is just meant to be a "scary" story that is fun to read.


I have always enjoyed reading The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything because it is the kind of book that gets the children involved. There is repetitive text that is great to have the kids repeat. There is also the activity part....I always had the children "clomp, clomp" or "shake, shake" or the best one "wiggle, wiggle". By the end of the story they were all laughing and giggling which is a sound I love.


It is a great book to add to your child's collection because it can be read at other times of the year. Most Halloween books deal with the holiday with talks of trick or treating, candy and costumes. This book is just a rollicking read!

No comments:

Post a Comment