Monday, October 19, 2009

The Curious Garden by Peter Brown


A few weeks ago I discussed a new book called Otis. I was very much reminded of one of my favorite books The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton. Imagine my surprise when I came across this sweet little book called The Curious Garden by Peter Brown. It reminded me of The Little House just as much as Otis did.


This tender story of a little boy who finds a garden amidst the dreary city is lovely to behold. The words are lyrical and the illustrations inspiring. The colors grow as the garden grows. The wordless spreads speak volumes. This is a beautiful book to read to children to show them how one little act can change the world. It does this in a non preachy manner that is so refreshing. A real heartwarming book that should not be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment