Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baseball Fever!


In honor of the Yankees winning their 27th World Series{YEA!!}, I thought I would give a selection of baseball books for all ages.

How Georgie Radburn Saved Baseball by David Shannon is one of my favorite picture books. Sadly I think it is out of print but if you can find it, you would be in for a treat. Wonderful illustrations match a really great story.

Here are more baseball books, something for every child:

Major League Baseball Touch & Feel by DK Publishing ---Toddler book
My Baseball Book by Gail Gibbons ages 4-8
H is for Homerun by Brad Herzog ages 4-8
Baseball Saved Us by Ken Mochizuki ,Illus by Dom Lee ages 4-8
We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball by Kadir Nelson ages 9-12
Boy Who Saved Baseball by John H. Ritter ages 9-12
The Everything Kids' Baseball Book by Greg Jacobs ages 9-12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks ago I wrote about the Michael Chabon book Summerland---big baseball theme. I would also be remiss if I didn't give the reminder that my sister's book, All the Broken Pieces, also has baseball as a central theme.

So there you have it---in honor of the greatest baseball team enjoy these great books for kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment