Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy World "Hello" Day!




November 21st is World Hello Day! If I were in the bookstore I would plan a story time around greetings. I would also make my staff wear buttons that say "Hello" on them. I do like to celebrate!




According to www.Worldhello.org this day has been celebrated for 37 years. Their tag line is "greet 10 people for peace"~this is such a nice idea. It is also an easy and simple thing to carry out.


Here are some great books to read today~

Hello World! Greetings in 42 languages around the globe by Manja Stojic

Hello Goodbye Window by Norman Juster Illus by Chris Raschka

Hello Day by Anita Lobel

Jambo Means Hello by Muriel & Tom Feelings (A Caldecott Honor book)

Hello Hello by Dan Zanes (comes with a CD)

Hello My Name is Bob by Linas Alsenas

So let's go out and help make peace by saying "hello"!

No comments:

Post a Comment