Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flashback Tuesday: A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting illus by Diane de Groat


When I worked in the stores I very rarely bought books for myself. I always bought books for other people for gifts and such. But I rarely bought something for my own library.


A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting is one of those books. I loved this book, it is really funny and the illustrations are so cute. The expression on the Turkey's face while he is trying to run away from Mr Moose and hide are priceless~as is the ending. It is a great book to read for Thanksgiving because it shows what Thanksgiving is all about. Just friends and family sharing time with each other. It doesn't matter what we eat because it is all about being together.


I would recommend this book as a must have for any child's library, it is one of those books that gets read year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment