Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Fun Book: Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst, Illus by Ray Cruz


In honor of today being my nephew Alex's birthday I thought I would recommend one of my favorite books:


Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst, illus by Ray Cruz is one of the funniest books I had ever read. This book always made me feel better when I have a bad day. Alexander is such a good character, we can have such empathy for a child who just can't seem to cut a break.
When I was in the stores I loved to read this at story time because everyone could relate to poor Alexander's dilemma's. This is one of those books that parents loved because they too could get into the story.
Judith Viorst went on to write other Alexander books like: Alexander Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday (another fun relatable read aloud) and Alexander, Who is Not {Do You Hear Me? I mean it!} Going to Move (which is great to give to kids who are moving).
These are great books to add to a child's library and are meant to be read again and again ~even if you don't know an "Alexander" like I do!
Happy Birthday Alex!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment