Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z by Kate Messner


I recently read The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z by Kate Messner. It made me flashback to my own childhood and the projects I always hated to do. I was a lot like Gianna in that I totally procrastinated on any thing I had to do. To this day I am still a bit of a procrastinator. I remember staying up late to make a giant tooth for my science class~well I stayed up and watched my father make the tooth out of sponges....to my credit I did write the report (with a little help from my sister). Actually my father was a great one for pretty much helping with our school projects. Since he was a commercial artist my covers were always perfect. I also remember the time he "helped" my brother Michael make a diorama of a kitchen for math class. It was incredible right down to the detailed groceries in the grocery bags.


This is what was so nice about this book. The characters are ones we can totally identify with, right down to the nemesis. The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z has all the feel of some of the greatest school stories. If you know a child who loves Andrew Clements books like Frindle or Lunch Money etc., then they will love this book.


As a bookseller this is the type of book that is easy to sell because the kids will like it and the parents will too. It would make a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment