Saturday, December 12, 2009

Let There Be Peace on Earth: And Let It Begin with Me (Book & CD) by Jill Jackson & Sy Miller; illus by David Diaz


In honor of the Nobel Peace Prize being handed out this week I thought I would recommend this lovely picture book based on the beautiful song.


Let There Be Peace On Earth: And Let It Begin With Me is a beautifully illustrated rendition of the popular song we all know. I remember singing this in school and church when I was young. I always loved the words which can make me cry to this day. Caldecott winner David Diaz's illustrations invoke a warm feeling of love and peace for all.


This is a great book to buy for the holidays~no matter what one we celebrate~ because it can be given to anyone. It includes a CD with 12 songs written by the authors. It is hard to believe that this song has been around since 1955 and that it's message is needed as much now as it did then. This is truly a special book!


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment