Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!




As today is the last day of the year I thought it would be a great time to recap some of the new 2009 books I suggested since I started this blog. I want this blog to be a place for people to go if they have a question about a book or want a suggestion for a child in their life. My goal is to be helpful~so here in no particular order are some of the 2009 books I suggested this year!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the Broken Pieces by Ann Burg (you know I had to do this one first )
The Marvelous Toy by Tom Paxton
Scanimations: Waddle! by Rufus Butler Seder
Princess Hyacinth by Florence Parry Heide
Otis by Loren Long
Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
Leaving the Bellweathers by Kristin Clark Venuti
The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z by Kate Messner
Big Frog Can't Fit In by Mo Willems
Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley
Here Comes Jack Frost by Kazuno Kohara
Boris & the Wrong Shadow by Leigh Hodge Kinson
Heart of a Snowman by Mary Kuryla
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know these two books are technically reissues but they were reissued this year and I just wanted to mention them again:


Giant John by Arnold Lobel
The First Night by B.G Hennessey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Happy New Year ~looking forward to more great new books to recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment