Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gift Ideas for Middle Grade Readers!




My nephews love the book series Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. These are great books for a reluctant reader. The problem is the author doesn't write them fast enough~at least that is what I have heard from parents. I thought I would suggest some great fun books to hold your young reader over until the next Wimpy Kid comes out~they also make great gifts.


Stink: The Incredibly Shrinking Kid & other Stink titles by Megan MacDonald are really funny books that is sure to charm. Her Judy Moody books are great too!
My Weird School Daze series and My Weird School Series by Dan Gutman~I have actually seen kids laugh out loud with these books. The titles can make anyone laugh!
Books by Andy Griffiths are fun too, like the Just Joking, or Just Disgusting even the Day My Butt Went Psycho~ to name a few....
The books by an author named Pseudonymous Bosh are really really eye catching and are quite unique:
This Book is Not Good For You
If Your Reading This, It's Too Late
The Name of the Book is Secret
Here is a first in a new series:
Nerds: National Espionage, Rescue, & Defense by Michael Buckley
Finally there is always any book by Dav Pilkey~he is great!
These are just a few books for the reluctant readers or any other child in your life to enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment