Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah




Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah! All week I have given my recommendations for some great books to read for this special holiday. I think I was remiss in not suggesting some great books for toddlers! So here are some of my favorite books for the littlest ones among us:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel Illus by Stephen Carpenter
Here is the Dreidel song with great illustrations~it has a sound chip that plays the music.

My First Hanukkah Board Book by Dk Publishing
A chunky board book with great photographs about the holiday.

My First Chanukah (board book) by Tomie DePaola
Tomie DePaola's warm illustrations highlight this simple book.

D is for Dreidel by Tanya Lee Stone
A great little Hanukkah alphabet book.

Where is Baby's Dreidel?: A lift the flap book by Karen Katz
From the author of Counting Kisses comes this sweet lift the flap book for babies.

My First Menorah by Salina Yoon
Kids should love the sparkly foil on each page....it's as if a candle is lit each time a page is turned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I hope all the little ones enjoy these books and the fun of the next eight days!

Happy Hanukkah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment