Friday, December 18, 2009

Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen Illus Kevin Hawkes


This is a late post today but I have a good reason. I spent a wonderful day at the NY Public Library. After many years of passing by this beautiful building I finally went in. I was helping my sister do some research for a story she is interested in. It is a wonderful place to go and I can't wait to go back just to look around.


In honor of my visit I wanted to recommend a really sweet story called Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen and Illus by Kevin Hawkes. I loved this book when it first came out. It isn't a stodgy book about a library but a really sweet story that is fun to read. I also love the soft illustrations~I think I have mentioned before how much I love lions, well I would love to have this one around. This is a wonderful book to give to a child to help them appreciate what a library is. So here is to Patience & Fortitude and all that they teach us!

No comments:

Post a Comment