Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Little Red Fire Truck by Stephen T. Johnson

It has been almost 10 years since Caldecott Honor recipient Stephen T. Johnson came out with his bestselling preschool book: My Little Red Toolbox. This was such a fun book for preschoolers because it was interactive and made such a great and impressive gift.
When I was a buyer one of my subjects was preschool. Most of the books in this area were usually based on kids TV shows or toys or movies. When My Little Red Toolbox came out it was such fun to carry something in the stores that had nothing to do with a TV show.
After he did the toolbox book he came out with My Little Blue Robot and while it was a fun book it didn't have the same catch as the first one. ( I still have the robot book in a box in my office, every time I move the box the robot "speaks" and scares the living daylights out of me!)
His third book in the this series I thought was really cute----My Little Yellow Taxi. This is a fun book because all little kids like to pretend to drive.
While all his previous books in this interactive genre are great fun I think he has finally hit the perfect subject. My Little Red Fire Truck has all the elements little boys (& some girls) love. While in the stores and even as a buyer fire truck books were always the biggest sellers.
In this book children can have hours of fun and even learn how to tell time.
My Little Red Fire Truck makes a great gift and the price can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment