Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Flashback Tuesday: Dr Seuss Books: How the Grinch Stole Christmas etc


How the Grinch Stole Christmas is probably one of the best Christmas books ever written. As a bookseller and later as a children's book buyer this was one of the only Christmas books that I would keep stocked all year long. I wouldn't keep many copies in all stores but at least one or two. During my years as a buyer, Dr Seuss was one of the subjects that I bought. As I kept track of the category it always amazed me that people bought this in the middle of July. I think because it is iconic and makes a great gift.


I am including all of Dr Seuss as part of today's Flashback Tuesday because all his books reminds us of our childhood. They have withstood the test of time. Dr Seuss books are the books I would recommend that new booksellers should suggest because even they knew them ~it is always easier to recommend what you know.


There are so many Dr Seuss books that it would be hard to list them all. We all know Cat in the Hat or Green Eggs & Ham or Horton Hears a Who but how about Yertle the Turtle or The Butter Battle Book. There are even great anthologies if you just want to buy one book as a family gift.


This is a great time of year to add to a child's library as most stores and even online have the yearly Buy 2 get the 3rd free promotion going on. They make perfect gifts especially with families with lots of different aged children.

No comments:

Post a Comment