Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reference Sunday: Kwanzaa




Kwanzaa starts the day after Christmas so I thought I would suggest some books that would be a preparation for this important festival. Kwanzaa is nice because it reminds us that the season should not be just about getting presents but about being responsible for the world around us. Kwanzaa has a great message for all.




When I first started in the bookstore there were not many books about this holiday. The ones that were around were hard to read aloud~luckily that is changed. There are different books for different ages ~some more informational than others and some just for fun. Enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Children's Book Of Kwanzaa by Dolores Johnson; ages 9-12 but great for the whole family
My First Kwanzaa Book by Deborah Chocolate; ages 4-8 great read aloud
Sound of Kwanzaa by Dimitrea Tokunbo; ages 4-8 just published fun read aloud
My First Kwanzaa by Karen Katz; ages 4-8 great preschool book
Kwanzaa Celebration Pop-up by Nancy Williams & Robert Sabuda; gotta love a pop-up all ages
~~~~~~~~~~~
These are just a few of my favorites, I hope you enjoy them. Habari Gani!




No comments:

Post a Comment