Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry


Yesterday ~Christmas Day~was my oldest nephew's birthday. Coincidentally his son Oliver was also born on Christmas 1 year ago. I remember distinctly the day my nephew Michael Louis was born~we were in the Bronx at my aunt's for dinner when we got the call. Needless to say we were too excited to really eat after that. My Dad piled us all in the car~including the dog~and drove us to Ohio for New Years. It was really just to see his new grandson.


When my nephew Michael was a little boy he loved his little matchbox cars. He was always very orderly about them. It would make sense that one of his favorite books was the Richard Scarry book Cars & Trucks & Things That Go. He would look at it for hours. This is a classic book for any child in your life!
Happy Birthday Michael Louis! Happy First Birthday Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment