Monday, January 11, 2010

Books About Ducks!




A friend of mine is a teacher who is reading about "ducks" with her kids. I thought I would recommend some of my favorite duck books~it is amazing how ducks seem to captivate the world! I know kids like ducks because I used to take my nieces & nephews to what we called the "duck pond" around the corner from my house. They loved to feed them bread and see the little ducklings in the water. Sadly the pond is empty now so this was a great reminder of having fun with my "kids"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duck by Randy Cecil ~sweet story about a carousel duck who wants to fly~love the retro illus!

Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey~classic story

Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack ~ classic story, I love to read this book aloud!

Duck & Goose by Tad Hill ~ sweetest little duck I have ever seen!

Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough~another fun read aloud!

Tickle the Duck by Ethan Long~ such a funny book!

Ducks Don't Get Wet by Augusta Goldin ~ good non-fiction book about ducks!

So these are just a few good books about ducks~this is a very prolific subject as all kids love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment