Saturday, January 23, 2010

National Pie Day!




Today is National Pie Day~ I love when I can showcase books with a theme.....and who doesn't love "Pie"! Here are a few fun books to read while the pie is in the oven.....





Piggie Pie by Margie Palatini illus Howard Fine~one of my favorite all time books. Sadly most people think that just because there is a witch in the story it should only be read at Halloween. This is not the case with this funny book where it is just about Gritch the Witch looking for something good to eat....and how the pigs outsmart her....a very funny read!

The Blueberry Pie Elf by Jane Thayer illus Seymour Fleishman ~ originally published in 1961 this has been reissued by The Purple House Press. I really sweet story of an elf who schemes to get blueberry pie from the people who's house he inhabits. I love when old favorites come back to life!

Sweet Dream Pie by Audrey Wood ~ I love this book! It is such a great book to read at bedtime. I remember reading this to my niece Celia when she was little, she would go to the book drawer and dig through until she found it. A wonderful book to enjoy over & over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment