Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone


The Monster At the End of this Book starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover by Jon Stone is one of my all time favorite books of childhood. It was based on a children's TV character back before all kids shows had TV Tie-in books. I was one of the kids who was the right age for Sesame Street when it first started. Grover was always one of my favorite characters, along with Ernie. (I always say about myself that I love Ernie but have a Bert personality.) To me Grover and Ernie were the most fun and interesting. I remember getting this as a Little Golden Book and reading it over and over. I also used to love having my sister read this aloud to me....she was a bit of an actress so it was quite fun to hear her rendition.
Whenever I mention this book to people my age I always get a huge response. Truthfully I think more adults love this book than kids nowadays. I would definitely give this book to any child~even if they don't watch Sesame Street. It is a timeless and long lasting book. A must have for any child's bookshelf...to be read again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment