Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: The Kings Equal by Katherine Paterson


Katherine Paterson has been named the new National Ambassador for Young People's Literature, 2010-2011. She is the perfect choice as her books span childhood. Katherine Paterson has written many popular and famous titles. These include her Newbery Award winning books Bridge to Terabithia & Jacob I Have Loved. I have always been a fan of The Great Gilly Hopkins~I love spunky kids.



The book I am highlighting today is one of her older titles. It was originally a very long picture book illustrated by Vladimir Vagin, it then became a chapter book. I loved The Kings Equal as soon as I read it. It is a fractured fairy tale of the wondrous sort. It even has a good lesson~but don't tell the kids that. The characters are interesting and fun. It is a great book to add to any child's collection as it is timeless.


I think Ms Paterson will make a great Ambassador as she understands what it takes to get children to read. I wish her the best and am very proud of her accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment