Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Over the Rainbow (Book & Audio CD) Music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg Performed by Judy Collins, Paintings by Eric Puybaret


I am sitting here listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow as sung by the Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, it is on of my favorite interpretations of the this song.


Last fall I eluded to a new book that was going to come out that was a new illustrated version of one of my favorite songs, from one of my favorite movies. It is finally here and available!


Over the Rainbow performed by Judy Collins with paintings by Eric Puybaret is a beautiful rendition of a beautiful song. I have always felt that songs make wonderful picture books. This book is no exception. The illustrations are so warm and have an ethereal quality to them.

I think this would be a great story time book and a great bedtime book...truly soothing. The bonus is the CD which has the iconic Judy Collins giving her terrific performance of this perfect song. A must have for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment