Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Joy of Spooking bk 1: Fiendish Deeds by P. J. Bracegirdle


When I a kid my favorite books were mysteries...I was a huge Nancy Drew & Hardy Boy fan. I still love a good suspense story. I was not into horror as much as I was into Gothic suspense. The Joy of Spooking: Fiendish Deeds is a book I would have loved to have growing up. It has mystery, suspense and enough scariness without the gross factor. The writing is excellent and doesn't dumb it down for kids.


I would recommend this book to any child, boy or girl, who loves a good spooky story. The quality makes it perfect for a gift. It is hard to get some kids to read, I think this book would do alot in the ways of advancing that cause....
I can't wait for the second book to come out~

No comments:

Post a Comment